At Choices Flooring our Privacy Commitment is to comply with all relevant legislation and with “Australian Privacy Principles”. Among other things, this means that:
- We will only collect information that is necessary for what we do.
- We will be fair in the way we collect information about you.
- We will only use or disclose information about you in ways that are consistent with your expectations or are required in the public interest
- We will retain your personal information for the sole use of Choices Flooring and its related entities and not sell it or release it to any third party without your consent
- We will be open with you about what kinds of personal information we hold and what we do with it
- Wherever possible we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is wrong
- If we can (and you want to) we will deal with you anonymously
Choices Flooring Privacy Statement
Choices Flooring is concerned about your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information visitors may provide while visiting our website. Personal information can be collected from you on the website in the following ways:
- Our site’s registration form may invite you to provide contact information (such as your name and e-mail address) and demographic information (postcode and age). We may use customer contact information from the registration form to send you information about Choices Flooring products and services.
- Our site’s Inspiring Choices 2016 order form will require you to provide contact information (such as your name, postal address and e-mail address). We may use customer contact information from the order form to send you information about Choices Flooring products and services.
- Our site’s online newsletter subscription form will require you to provide contact information (such as your name and e-mail address). We will use this to send you information about Choices Flooring products and services.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Choices Flooring and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Choices Flooring.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
You may also receive marketing communications by post from our retail brands, partners and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores, but this will only occur where you have requested that type of information from us or from a third party within our stores.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by Choices Flooring by making a request to us.
Phone: (03) 9850 9311
Mail: The Privacy Officer
P O Box 214
Bulleen VIC 3105
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail), and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a Purpose.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following locations:
- the United States of America – for database management services in connection with our email marketing and data management programs;
Mail: The Privacy Officer
P O Box 214
Bulleen VIC 3105