Easy instructions to follow.
Laminate flooring is incredibly resistant to day to day wear and tear and is both easy and cost efficient to maintain properly. The following maintenance guidelines will help to ensure that your laminate flooring always looks its very best.
Preventative Care Tips
- When moving heavy furniture or items back into position after the installation has been completed, use rigid protective sheets on the surface of your floor and avoid sliding or dragging furniture or appliances into place.
- Placing colourfast, dirt-trapping mats at all external entrances will help to keep dirt and grit off your floor as well as absorbing any excess moisture.
- Install curtains that will protect your floor from strong sunlight. Laminate flooring can become discoloured when exposed to daily sunlight. Use sheer drapes, curtains or blinds to limit direct sunlight on your laminate floor.
- Use high density felt floor protectors on the underside of all moving furniture or furniture that may be moved from time to time to help prevent premature wear and scratches.
- Use protective clear vinyl chair mats in any area that is exposed to castor wheel traffic like a study or office. This will help to protect the surface of the floor against premature wear.
Regular Maintenance Tips
- Vacuum (bristles down) or sweep your floor regularly to remove grit or objects that may scratch the surface of your floor, use a dust mop or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Always use a damp mop only, ring out all excess water.
- Any spills should be wiped off the surface of the floor as soon as they occur.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring powder on your floor and never wax or polish your floor. Never use a steam mop on your floor.
We recommend using the Quick-Step® Cleaning Kit on your laminate flooring.
Practical and easy to use, it comes with an adjustable handle mop holder, a micro fibre mop you can wash and the Quick-Step® cleaning product. You can use the mop dry or slightly moist.
Also available individually:
- Quick-Step® Cleaning mop (QSRMC)
- Quick-Step® Cleaning product 750 ml (QSM750)
- Quick-Step® Repair Kit (QSRepair)
Recreate the colour of damaged planks quickly and easily with seven wax pieces selected to cover all Quick-Step® floor designs. The kit contains: One melting knife, one cleaning comb, seven wax blocks.